|Chief Bill Luzadder Community Room
Fire Department Museum
On April 5th The City of North Lauderdale celebrated their opening of the Cities Fire Department Museum and Chief Bill Luzadder Community Room. The museum encompasses 59 years of Fire Department history of Central Broward, first starting with the Bailey Road Volunteers established in 1958, and then the North Lauderdale Fire Department established in 1973, first volunteers then paid firefighters. In 1975 Broward County EMS began running Paramedics to these areas and then in 1982 Broward County Fire Department, paid took over for Bailey Road. Throughout the years Margate Fire Department and Tamarac Fire Department have also contributed this area.
Today North Lauderdale, Margate and Tamarac and Broward Sheriff’s Office Fire Rescue are all full service Fire and Rescue Departments still joined to help each other through Automatic Aid Agreements.