To promote, protect and improve the health, safety and welfare of the citizens and residents of the City through the enforcement of property maintenance standards and the imposition of administrative fines and other non-criminal penalties to obtain compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adopt rules for the conduct of its hearings
- Subpoena alleged violators and witnesses to its hearings
- Subpoena evidence
- Take testimony under oath
- Issue orders outlining steps to bring property into compliance
- Seven member group appointed by the City Commission
- Two alternate members
- Three-year terms
- City resident with a commitment to community success
- Experience or interest in Code Enforcement
- Availability for meetings, conferences and appearances before the governing body
- Residents who operate businesses within the City or surrounding communities
- Any other factors that warrant the appointment of a member by the governing body
Fourth (4th) Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m.