"To provide positive and meaningful real-world career experiences and leadership development opportunities for all teenagers and young adults in their chosen field of interest."
For more information about the North Lauderdale Fire Explorer program, you can download the full brochure here. If you are interested in applying to become a member of the Explorers, please download our application here.
WHAT IS EXPLORING?
Exploring is all about helping young adults make a more informed decision about future careers and determine if a particular career field is right for them.Exploring leaders volunteer their time to provide real-worldexperiences for young adults. Exploring is not about lectures and slide shows - it’s about gaining practical experience in the firefighter/paramedic career field.
5 AREAS OF EMPHASIS
The result is a program that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow, and develop.
- Participants must be between the ages of 13-20 and must be enrolled in high school.
- Students cannot be failing any classes at the time of enrollment.
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Participate in a peer-to-peer selection interview.
- Contribute $5 for monthly dues.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings at the station.
- Be ready to participate in training and community service events.