Provide Executive Administration with efficient and scalable technical guidance, effective business planning, timely execution of selected technologies that meet City business goals and provide a high standard of service to all members of the City of North Lauderdale.
Information Technology (IT) Department manage the implementation of new computer systems. Each year business processes and information systems are reviewed for their effectiveness and efficiency. All systems are upgraded in a preplanned cycle to ensure maximum productivity of City employees.
IT and its mission have grown. We are responsible for many types of services and systems. Support for these comes in many forms, such as upgrades or replacements of hardware and software, Geographic Information System (GIS), system security, ERP System, SPAM filtering or intrusion detection. This support helps improve customer service, personnel performance and provides a higher level of system availability. The Information Technology Department is accountable for designing, planning, and implementing effective and efficient use of technology to assist the City with accomplishing its strategic goals and business objectives, thus maximizing value to the residents of North Lauderdale.
- Advise Executive Administration on strategic technologies for business use
- Research and monitor technology trends and applicability to the city to meet strategic goals
- Utilize project management skills to complete planned projects in a timely manner
- Provide high availability of critical systems
- Provide innovative systems that meet compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Provide excellent support to all end users of the City’s computer system
- Offer mobility and remote access solutions
- Manage the technical and operation of the VoIP telephone system
- Maintain and support a variety of department-specific computer applications
- Plan, develop, manage and maintain the data and voice network infrastructure that links the City's many departments and residents in a secure, effective, and reliable manner
- Provide City GIS services to internal and external customers
Maintain the city’s website, and television channels
CYBER-SECURITY AWARENESS FOR EVERYONE
Learn how to keep your computer secure.