POST HURRICANE INFORMATION
Hurricane Catastrophic Structural Damage Report Form
If your property has been damaged by Hurricane, click here to let us know. For more information on the Catastrophic Structural Damage form and deadline information, please click here to view the video.
Please contact the following agencies for further information:
- City of North Lauderdale – www.nlauderdale.org - Main Phone #954-722-0900 Commissioners: 954-724-7056 Administration – 954-724-7040
- Broward County Emergency Management – http://www.broward.org/hurricane/Pages/Default.aspx
- State of Florida Emergency Information – 1-800-342-3557
- Price Gouging Hotline – 866-966-7226 or visit myfloridalegal.com. Keep your receipt or take a photograph of the displayed charge to support your complaint.
- Mobile Public Disaster Site location – E. Pat Larkin Community Center, 520 Martin Luther King Blvd, Pompano Beach, Fl 33068, # 954-786-4585 – until 9/30/17*
INDIVIDUAL DISASTER ASSISTANCE INFORMATION
FEMA assistance for individuals may include grants for rent, temporary housing and home repairs to their primary residences, as well as funding for other serious disaster-related needs, such as medical, dental or funeral costs. If you have insurance, FEMA may still be able to assist with disaster-related expenses that were underinsured or not covered by your policy.
You may register for assistance the following ways:·
- At http://www.DisasterAssistance.gov- or call 800-621-3362 or TTY 1-800-462-7585
- For those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362.
- After you apply, a FEMA inspector will contact you to schedule an inspection. The inspection generally takes 30-40 minutes or less and consists of a general verification of your disaster-related losses and a review of ownership or residence records. There is no fee for the inspection.
- When a FEMA housing inspector comes to visit your home, be sure they show you proper identification. They may not be wearing FEMA shirts, however each person will be wearing a Federal ID, either FEMA, TSA or another agency who is working as part of the team.
- If you suspect someone is posing as a FEMA housing inspector, call our toll-free Disaster Fraud Hotline at 866-720-5721, or call local law enforcement officials.
DBPR: Red Flags for Unlicensed Contractors
As we begin to recover and help our citizens return their lives to normal it is important to remind about the importance of hiring only licensed contractors to undertake storm repairs to property and structures to reduce the likelihood of scams and rip offs. The Department of Business & Professional Regulation (DBPR) advises that contractors travel from out of state to a disaster area and take advantage of the large amount of repair work to be done. Red flags that could indicate activity from an unlicensed contractor include:
Demanding full payment up front.
- Lack of a Written Contract.
- Soliciting door-to-door.
- Advertising without a Florida license number.
- Requesting cash only.
- Using high pressure sales tactics.
For more information or resources you may contact DBPR at 850.487.1395 and find more information at www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr.
OPERATION BLUE ROOF
Operation Blue Roof provides a temporary covering of blue plastic sheeting to help reduce further damage to property until permanent repairs can be made. The blue plastic sheeting is installed using strips of wood that are secured to the roof with nails or screws. To get assistance, you must sign a “Right of Entry” (ROE) form to allow Corps staff and contractors to access your private property and assess roof damage. - Call 888-ROOF-BLU (888-766-3258) for more information.
Applicants who use 711 or Video Relay Service may also call 800-621-3362. People who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585.
Prepared and distributed by Mayor, Commission and City Administration.
Mayor Ana M. Ziade; Vice Mayor Samson Borgelin – District “A” Commissioner Mario Bustamante – District “B”; Commissioner Rich Moyle – District “C” and Commissioner Lorenzo Wood – District “D”Emergency Shelter Map
Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program (HLMP)
www.cpsc.gov (Hurricane Safety)
Click the link below for a more detailed emergency evacuation map